Thursday, October 7, 2010

Admin to Council: We Did That Already [UPD x2]


In response to the subpoena, this e-mail thread and another (involving a reporter) have been provided to the Council by the city's assistant Finance Director, as evidence of Why You Be Trippin'?!

*-UPDATE: And it goes on like this (P-G, Joe Smydo). Perhaps the gentleman at PMRS to whom we might entrust our pension management for however many weeks until the next governor settles in, would like to do something to provide a veneer of clarity and direction.

**-UPDATE, THE DEUX: It goes on even further. Suffice to say that as of 9:00 AM this morning, the state was somewhat desperately urging that the City hasten to it raw, usable January 1, 2009 (not 2007) data, and here we read that the City is more than happy to promptly accommodate the state in this and seems to have done so.

8 comments:

  1. Great e-mails. It's amazing how easy it is to write "F--- Y--" without actually saying either word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems highly inappropriate/unprofessional that an Assistant Finance Director would release e-mails in this forum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And we are supposed to trust the decision making of the people at state? I would rather trust local officials, who electoral self-interest alone will stop them from screwing this up too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon 9:44 - I guess I can volunteer that she didn't send it to me. That missive went out to all members of Council, plus to her boss in the administration -- which taken together might as well be blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unrelated: "So Long, and Thanks for All the Well-Intentioned, Neo-Classist Brutality" is the best headline I've read in years. And I'm disappointed to see him go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course, I don't read the Post, so I may be overly impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MH -I threw "neo" in there because it makes me sound vaguely smart, and him vaguely less un-American.

    I think Roosevelt would have made a truly exceptional grant writer or finance director for the School District, but there was something otherworldly unfeeling in his approach. I remember when Chris Moore interviewed him OnQ and he was asked about the non-specializing University #cough# Prep schools, "What about the idea that all children can learn and succeed?" Roosevelt responded primly, "Well, that is certainly the goal," and moved quickly on as though he was just asked about infidelity. Resigning so very abruptly when less than halfway through his grand reforms -- like ooh, I'm such a tree shaker not a jelly maker -- is just another data point along that line.

    I can see how the District might have felt starved for rational, non-parochial decisiveness at one time, but I really hope they find a happy medium or a blend next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to wear pants when I walk to across Oakland to my car. I do want to be clear that I am wearing pants not because the city council has a public indecency law. I do not believe that law is valid or enforceable. But my goal is to be cooperative and respectful of the wishes of city council.

    ReplyDelete